Thursday, June 25, 2009

On-Line Marketing, Make Money for "Them"

I keep this blog on a wide range of search engines, blog directories, and promote it in "social media" like Twitter and Yuku. A few minutes ago, I found the "Top 50 Marketing Blogs". I wasn't listed, but found mine to be as "professional" looking an many.

One thing they all had in common though, was that to make money on the Internet, you had to "buy" their secret information to succeed. Selling or reselling their information is how they make money from you!

I was also surprised that many sites and even a poll suggested that they do not use or generally make money from "Affiliates". In Twitter, dozens, perhaps hundreds of marketers use the exact same video to increase traffic. OK, isn't anyone original? Does this ploy even work? Is there money in sheer volume?

My goal as a blogger is two fold. Yes, I want to make money, but I also want to convey opinions, off beat information, and make my blog "interesting". It is a work in progress.