Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Making Money on eBay.....Yes, For Crooks!

Get rich on eBay ? I don't think so.


I have sold aquariums, laptop computers, etc. and most recently my 1996 Monte Carlo.....for about 25% of its Kelly Blue Book value.


The "auction" ended June 18th.............I didn't get "paid" until July 2, and please take that with tongue-in-cheek. You see, my car has been stolen!


The party paid with a stolen/bogus/expired credit card to my PayPal account. PayPal smelled a "rat" and froze my funds. Now they have been reversed altogether and PayPal/eBay is investigating. Oh did I mention they picked up the car on July 2, and now have my car and my money! Uh Huh!


I called PayPal Security, wrote many emails to eBay Security, and several eMails to the winning bidder..or more aptly, the THIEF. I promised to turn this whole case over to the Colorado State Police. Which I plan to do tomorrow July 5th.


After some basic research, I guess the FBI can be involved also. The THIEF is guilty of:


Grand Theft Auto, Wire Fraud, Credit/Debit Card fraud, Computer Crime, and since a "boyfriend" was involved.....Conspiracy!


Supposedly PayPal "protects" sellers, me, against lost. I've followed all the rules and did nothing young, yet I am screwed. They claim the "investigation" may take up to 10 business days. Uh Huh. I have sent in copies of all related emails. My cell phone provider can verify all the calls I made to the buyers phone......all to voicemail. Oooooopppppssss, then her number suddenly "changed" and the buyer is no longer registered with eBay!


Today I fired off several emails demanding that she send all monies owed to my via Western Union. It hasn't happened.



Stay tuned for updates.





Powered by Zoundry